S. R. Brown, MD, MPH, FAAOS
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery
Dr. S. R. Brown is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with subspecialty training in hand and upper extremity surgery. She treats a wide range of hand and upper extremity conditions involving bone and soft tissue. She specializes in complex fracture care, tendon injuries, arthritis in the upper extremity, Dupuytren's disease and nerve conditions, such as carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndromes. She also treats other common conditions of the hand and upper extremity such as trigger fingers, ganglion cysts, tennis elbow and rotator cuff conditions. Dr. Brown provides care for pediatric and adult patients with upper extremity conditions.
Dr. Brown is very active in the local sports community. She cares for athletes on the high school, Amateur Athletic Union (AAU), college and recreational levels with hand and upper extremity injuries. She is the team doctor for Middle Tennessee Christian School Varsity Football team and is one of the affiliate team doctors for Middle Tennessee State University. She finds great joy and satisfaction in caring for the athletes of the Middle Tennessee Area.
Dr. Brown received her undergraduate degree from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Minor in Latin. She then graduated from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in 1999 with honors, and was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society during her third year of medical school. She completed a five-year orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center with an additional year of training in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery.
Dr. Brown joined TOA in 2008 and sees patients at the Murfreesboro office. She is also on the medical staff at Middle Tennessee Medical Center and StoneCrest Medical Center.
- Undergraduate: Tulane University, Newcomb College, New Orleans, LA
- Medical: University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry, Rochester, NY
- Post Graduate: Master of Public Health, Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Tennessee Medical Association
Live Your Best Life
See more videos